Spinach and White Bean Soup
- 2 tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 pound spinach, washed and chopped ( sub your favorite green)
- 4 cups low-salt chicken broth or bone broth
- 1 (15 oz.) can white beans, drained & rinsed
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- (optional: crumbled goat cheese)
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat 2 tbsp of the oil. Add the onion and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute for about 15-30 seconds before stirring in the chopped spinach.
- Saute until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Add the broth and beans and cover to simmer about 5 minutes, until the beans are heated.
- Ladle into soup bowls and add optional 2 tbsp of crumbled goat cheese.