Carrie Vitt, NTP of DeliciouslyOrganic.net
Oven Fried Zucchini Fingers
Enjoy this totally satisfying vegetable snack that is so flavorful your family will love!
- 3-4 medium zucchini, cut into 3-inch-long by 1/2 inch-wide strips
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- sea salt & pepper, to your taste
- 3 egg whites
- 2 Tbsps avocado oil, or extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees f. Line a large flat rimmed baking sheet with
- parchment paper.
- In a shallow dish, stir the almond meal, parmesan cheese, oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Whisk well to blend.
- In a seperate, medium bowl, whisk the egg whites and oil together.
- Working in small batches, dip the zucchini in the egg mixture to coat completely and allow the excess egg to drip back into the bowl.
- Then coat the zucchini in the cheese mixture, patting to coat completely.
- Place the zucchini strips on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown and crispy, then, broil for 3-5 minutes on the middle shelf of the broiler for a super nice, crisp texture.
- Enjoy with your favorite low-sugar marinara for dipping!