Green Olive & Lentil Salad
Slightly unusual salad recipe that is quick and easy to make!
- 1/4 pound lentils, picked over, rinsed, and drained
- 1/4 small onion, halved
- 1/4 clove garlic
- Pinch bay leaf
- 1/4 cup green olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 sweet pepper
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 3/4 tablespoon lemon juice salt and pepper zest of one slice lemon, grated
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Combine the lentils with 3/4 cups water, the onion, garlic, and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil, then turn down the heat, cover the pan, and simmer for 30 minutes, until the lentils are tender.
- Drain the lentils, picking out and discarding the onion, garlic and bay leaf.
- Let the lentils cool a bit, then toss with the olives, pepper, olive oil, lemon juice, and seasonings.
- Garnish with the zest and parsley.