Lauren Miyashiro of Delish.com
SantaFe Chicken Salad
The dressing does double duty as a marinade in this healthy and hearty salad!
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 c. lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 2 small corn tortillas
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 c. chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 c. black beans, drained
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 2/3 c. corn
- 1 c. Shredded Monterey Jack
- 1/4 c. Chopped cilantro
- Make dressing/marinade. Whisk together olive oil, red pepper flakes, lime juice, garlic and cumin until emulsified.
- Place chicken breasts in a large resealable plastic bag. Pour about half of the lime dressing over the chicken, close bag and toss chicken to coat.
- Marinate 15 minutes. Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Cut tortillas in half, then slice the halves into ½”-thick strips. When the oil is shimmering and very hot, add the strips to the oil. Fry until crispy, about 2 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels and season immediately with salt.
- In a separate skillet, heat remaining vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook for 6-8 minutes per side, until the chicken is cooked through. Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Assemble salad. Toss remaining ingredients in a large serving bowl. Top with cooked chicken and crispy tortilla strips then toss with dressing.