Portobello Mushroom Burgers
- 4 portobello mushroom caps
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 slices (1 oz) of provolone
- cheese salt and pepper for taste
- Place the mushroom caps, smooth side up, in a shallow dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, basil, oregano, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Pour it over the mushrooms then let it stand at room temperature for about 15 minutes, turning it twice. Preheat grill for medium-high heat. Brush the grate with oil.
- Place mushrooms on the grill, reserving marinade for basting.
- Grill for 5 to 8 minutes on each side, or until tender.
- Brush with marinade frequently. Top with cheese during the last 2 minutes of grilling.