The Paleo Diet Cookbook by Loren Cordain
Paleo-So Cal Omelet
Omelets are great source of protein and can be eaten any time of day.
- 4 Omega-3 enriched eggs
- 1 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup of chopped spinach leave
- 1 teaspoon of fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 small avocado fresh ground black pepper
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk eggs until foamy
- Heat oil in a small skillet over medium flame and add eggs
- Using a rubber spatula, tilt pan and lift edges to allow uncooked eggs to make contact with hot surface of pan
- When eggs are almost set, place the spinach on one side, sprinkle with basil and pepper and fold in half, Reduce heat
- Cover and simmer for 1 minute. Slide onto place and garnish with sliced avocado
Recipe may be cut in half for 1 serving. You may cut back on the avocado to save calories and fat.