Olive Chicken with Brown Rice
- 2-4 Chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 cups brown rice,
- Marinade: 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ginger, freshly chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Parsley prigs
- Bunch of scallions, chopped
- 1 cup kalamata olives
- Cook brown rice ahead of time in a rice cooker (reduces time in front of stove!) OR bring 4 cups of water to boil with rice, then reduce heat and simmer for 60 minutes.
- Prepare marinade in a large bowl and then add chicken.
- Refrigerate for 45 minutes if possible.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large pan, add chicken and remaining marinade, and sauté for 5 minutes each side.
- Add scallions and olives, and continue to cook until chicken is tender.
- Add brown rice to pan and stir. Serve and enjoy!