Judy Kim of Delish.com
Grilled Chicken Wedge
You'll begin to love eating this salad by the slice.
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1/4 c. diced red onion
- 2 tbsp. minced chives, plus more for garnish
- 1 large head iceberg lettuce, cut into 4 wedges
- 2 avocados, pitted and halved
- Preheat a grill or stovetop grill pan over high heat.
- Rinse and dry chicken, then drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- When grill or pan is very hot (almost smoking), place chicken on grill. Cook until internal temperature is 165°, 5 minutes per side. Set aside to rest for 2 to 3 minutes, then shred using 2 forks.
- Meanwhile, prepare dressing. In a medium jar add mayonnaise, olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, red onion, chives, salt and pepper; shake well. Keep in fridge until ready to serve.
- Serve each iceberg wedge with half an avocado, a handful of shredded chicken and a drizzle of salad dressing. Garnish with chives.