Quick, easy and absolutely tasty recipe!
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves thinly sliced garlic
- 1/2 large thinly sliced onion
- 1/2 small fennel bulb, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 - 14 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 1/2 cups bottle clam juice
- 1 pound assorted shellfish (firm white fish and any shellfish such as tilapia, cod, halibut, clams, scallops and mussels), cut into bite sized pieces
- Heat the olive oil and add the garlic, onion and fennel, cooking for 10 minutes or so until the vegetables begin to brown.
- Add the orange juice concentrate, tomatoes, red pepper flakes, wine, and clam juice. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 30 minutes. Taste for seasoning.
- Increase the heat to medium, and add the fish. Cook for 2 minutes, then add shellfish and cook 5 minutes or so, until the shells open. Toss any clams or mussels that don't open, if you're using them.
- This stew makes two servings. Save half for tomorrow's dinner!