Rian Handler of Delish.com
Fajita Chicken Salad
Your favorite Mexican dish, now in salad form.
10 minPrep Time
50 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/4 c. plus 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large head of romaine, chopped
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, 1/4 cup oil, honey, cumin, and red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine chicken and half the dressing. Let marinate at least 30 minutes and up to 6 hours.
- When ready to cook, heat 2 tablespoons oil in a grill pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and grill until charred and fully cooked through, 8 minutes per side. Let rest 10 minutes, then slice into strips.
- Add peppers and onions to pan over medium-high heat and grill until charred and soft, 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine romaine, chicken, peppers and onion, and avocado. Toss with remaining dressing.