Carrie Vitt (www.deliciouslyorganic.net)
Serves Makes about 18 muffins
Strawberry Lemonade Muffins
- 2/3 cup raw honey
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup coconut oil or 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup whole plain yogurt (you can use a dairy-free yogurt if needed), room temperature
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- Zest of 2 organic lemons
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and adjust the rack to the middle position.
- Place the honey and eggs in the bowl of a standing mixer and beat on medium-high for 5 minutes.
- Combine the coconut oil, yogurt and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Slowly beat in the coconut mixture into the egg mixture.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, arrowroot flour, baking soda, baking powder, sea salt and lemon zest. Gently fold the flour mixture into the egg and lemon mixture. Gently fold in the strawberries.
- Spoon the batter into a lined muffin pan . Bake for 16-18 minutes until just turning golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes. Serve.