Pork Chops With Tomato – Pancetta Salad Recipe
35 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 4 to 6 boneless pork chops
- 5 to 6 oz. pancetta, diced
- 1 lb. cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 onion, diced 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. fresh basil, plus more for garnish
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. cooking fat
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the pancetta until nicely browned, 3 to 4 minutes, add the onion and garlic, continue cooking 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, basil, dried oregano, and cook 2 minutes longer.
- Drizzle the balsamic vinegar, season to taste, give everything one last stir and set aside.
- Season the pork chops on both sides to taste.
- Heat cooking fat over medium-high heat and cook the pork chops 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until no longer pink in the center.
- Let the pork chops rest about 2 minutes, and serve topped with the tomato-pancetta mixture and more basil.