Rachel Maser of CleanFoodCrush.com
Incredible Banana Bread with Pecans
Enjoy this friendly treat that is gluten free and smells amazingly delicious!
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 3 large very ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (I used almond milk)
- 2 Tbsps chia seeds + 6 Tbsp water
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped + a few for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 350f and line a bread pan with parchment paper. Mix chia seeds with water, stir well and leave it aside until a gel forms.
- In a large bowl add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and whisk well.
- Mash the bananas and stir in the chia seed mixture together with the coconut sugar, milk, vanilla.
- Add banana mixture to the dry mixture; stir until combined. Fold in the raisins and pecans.
- Pour mixture into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes at 350°F, until a toothpick runs clean.
- Let the bread cool down completely as it will be moist and hard to cut into when it’s still hot.