Carrie Vitt, NTP of DeliciouslyOrganic.net
Coconut Berry and Spinach Smoothie
Go ahead and serve up a smoothie with spinach. No one will ever know.
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk (I prefer Native Forest )
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- 1 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 1/2 cup baby spinach, washed and patted dry
- 4 raw egg yolks, pastured or a good quality organic egg (optional - see headnote above)
- 2-3 tablespoons honey (I used clover) or a few pinches of stevia
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Adjust sweetness to taste. Serve.
- Note: If you're concerned about the goitrogens in the spinach, then you can steam the spinach, drain and then add to the smoothie.
We prefer the egg yolks in our smoothie because it gives the drink a nice creamy consistency. Organic, pastured egg yolks are a rich source of carotenoids, omega-3 fatty acids, and fat-soluble antioxidant nutrients. When consuming raw egg yolks, I prefer to only use pastured or good quality organic eggs. If you don't want to use raw yolks, simply omit them.