Chicken Salad with Dried Fruit
Here’s where you use that leftover chicken!
- 2 chicken breasts, or leftover chicken, 3 stalks celery, sliced thin, 3 scallions, chopped into rings, 1 cup ghee, shredded
- 2 bunches fresh arugula, cut into pieces, ½ cup raisins, cranberries or dried fruit of choice, ½ cup olive oil, 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp fresh herbs of your choice, chopped, sea salt, 2 hard boiled eggs, sliced into circles, optional
- Cut leftover chicken into chunks (or bake chicken at 350° for 40 minutes).
- Combine chicken in a large bowl with celery, scallions, and dried fruit.
- In a separate bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, herbs, and a few dashes of sea salt.
- Pour the dressing over the chicken mixture and toss.
- Serve with the slices of hard boiled eggs on top. (To hard boil eggs, simply place eggs in a pot of water covering the eggs and bring to a boil, simmer for a remaining 12 minutes).
You can eat this as is, over a bed of greens, in a wrap or open-face on a toasted piece of sprouted whole grain bread.