Paleo Diet Cookbook by Dr. Loren Cordain
Barbecued Spicy Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon of finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon of finely chopped fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon of fennel seeds, toasted and crushed
- freshly ground black pepper for taste
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except chicken. Mix well to produce marinade.
- Place the chicken in the bowl, coat thoroughly and marinate for 1-2 hours.
- For grilling: Fire up the barbecue and grill the chicken on medium-heat, turning constantly while basting with marinade until the breasts are cooked.
- For broiling: Broil on medium heat, turning constantly while basting with the marinade until done.