Rachel Maser of CleanFoodCrush.com
Yields 3-4 snack portions
Banana Sushi Party
Try to make this creative recipe that is healthy and fun for the whole family!
- 3 medium bananas
- 2 Tbsps natural peanut butter (no added salt or oils)
- 2 Tbsps natural almond butter (no added salt or oils)
- 2 Tbsps (1.4 ounces) high quality dark chocolate, melted
- 1 Tbsp raw honey, plus extra for serving
- 1 Tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 Tbsp almond flakes
- 1 Tbsp raw pistachio, chopped
- 1 Tbsps favorite jam(no added sugar)
- Peel the bananas, cut the edges and place them on a small tray or plate that fits into your freezer.
- Spoon melted chocolate or nut butter of your choice on all the length of the bananas.
- Sprinkle with desired toppings: organic coconut flakes, almond flakes, pistachio or jam. You can mix toppings as you prefer.
- I made the following combinations: -Chocolate and coconut -Chocolate and pistachios -Almond butter, honey and almond flakes - Peanut butter and raspberry jam
- Freeze for about 30 minutes, then slice the bananas into bite-sized sushi pieces.
- Serve it with chop sticks and extra honey as dipping