Balsamic Lentils with Brown Rice
- 1 cup lentils, preferably purchased dried and soaked overnight, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 3 tbsps balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsps stone ground mustard
- Brown Rice
- Bring medium saucepan of water to boil. Add onion slice, parsley and 1 minced garlic clove and bring to boil. Stir in lentils.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered until lentils are just tender, about 10 minutes if pre-soaked, 20 minutes if not.
- Drain water. Place lentils in a bowl.
- Stir oil, vinegar, mustard and remaining garlic in small saucepan over low heat until warm.
- Pour sauce over lentils and toss.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve over brown rice.