Baked Indian- Style Lemongrass Chicken Recipe
2 hr, 20 Prep Time
40 minCook Time
3 hrTotal Time
- 6 to 8 chicken thighs, skinless and boneless
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 lemongrass stalks, sliced
- 1 lemongrass stalk, minced 4 shallots, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 small mild red chili peppers (optional)
- 1 tbsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 2 green onions, minced
- 1 tbsp. fresh turmeric, minced
- Juice from 2 limes
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, to garnish
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large mortar add the minced lemongrass, shallots, garlic, ginger, onion, turmeric, and chili peppers (if using). Crush everything to a paste using a pestle.
- In a bowl, pour in the lime juice, coconut oil and coconut milk.
- Mix everything, including the spices, until well combined.
- Place the chicken in a marinating container, and pour the coconut-spice mixture over the chicken.
- Cover and marinate 2 to 8 hours
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Place the chicken and bell pepper in a baking dish, then top with sliced lemongrass.
- Cook in the preheated oven 35 to 40 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve topped with fresh cilantro.