Baked Chicken with Collard Greens
- 1 whole roaster chicken, organic & free-range if possible
- 2 tbsp organic butter, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bunch collard greens (or dark, leafy green of your choice), rinsed & chopped
- ¼ cup water
- Preheat oven to 375°. Combine butter, rosemary, and sea salt, mixing with a fork until creamy.
- Brush this sauce over your chicken and place in oven. Bake for 60 minutes.
- While chicken is baking, heat pan with 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Add onion and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add collard greens and water to pan and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the greens are lightly wilted.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and serve as a side to your finished chicken.