Rachel Maser of Clean Food Crush
Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
A delicious recipe with nutritionally loaded mushrooms, completely packed with antioxidants like the more colorful fruits and vegetables.
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 12 oz. Cremini mushrooms, sliced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsps sesame oil, divided
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced and divided
- 1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos, Bragg's liquid aminos, or low sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- butter or romaine lettuce leaves, rinsed and dried
- green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- Heat 1 Tablespoon oil large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add in mushrooms, 1 garlic clove, and sautè until just softened, about 3 minutes. Season with a tiny pinch of sea salt and pepper and set aside on a plate.
- In the same skillet add the remaining oil, chicken, garlic, cayenne pepper and ginger and cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Return mushrooms to the pan and pour in the coconut aminos and rice vinegar. Stir until combined and just heated through.
- Allow to cool a tiny bit then scoop into lettuce leaves.
- Garnish with sliced green onions & sesame seeds.